The Masque of the Red Death by Edgar Allan Poe
Beautifully designed by Coralie Bickford-Smith, Little Clothbound Classics are collectable, small format editions of short stories, novellas and essays that celebrate the range of the Penguin Classics list.
The series includes all-time favourites alongside lesser-known surprises: from Shirley Jackson’s haunted New England to the English gardens of Jane Austen, from the icy Japan of Kawabata’s Snow Country to Von Arnim’s enchanted Italy, and from a game of chess on the ocean to a love story on the moon.
Publishing in four seasonal collections over a year, each of the 48 titles is bound in colourful cloth and stamped with foil, evoking the Victorian bookbinding tradition in which the Clothbound Classics series was first conceived.
- Cosicomics by Italo Calvino
- Hell Screen by Ryunosuke Akutagawa
- Lady Susen by Jane Austen
- Lolly Willowes by Sylvia Townsend Warner
- Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka
- Of Ghosts And Goblins by Lafcadio Hearn
- Passing by Nella Larsen
- The Ballad of the Sad Café by Carson McCullers
- The Lottery by Shirley Jackson
- The Masque of the Red Death by Edgar Allan Poe
- The Prophet by Khalil Gibran
- The Queen Of Spades by Alexander Pushkin
Please see our Delivery and Returns page for the full list of options
Select 3 books and get them for the price of £27
Items left: 3
Max items selected. Add to basket before selecting more items. Click 'remove' to change your selection.